So many good books were published last year, and many, many more are about to published this year. Many books that, no matter what my TBR pile looks like, these special books get pushed right to the front, no questions.
There are also some that, while I still intend on reading them (hopefully this year I can be a badass and read like 578 books), it will probably just be in my own sweet time.
12. The Chemist by Stephanie Meyer:: Ok so I admit that I was a momentary Twihard but I really, really liked The Host. I thought that it was a well thought out, well written story that was so much more interesting than Bella. That being said, this is also an adult novel, so I’m hoping for more of the same from her.
11. And I Darken by Kiersten White:: Strong female warrior characters, strong fantasy world building, (or so they say on the cover). That is the kind of stuff I’m into right now!
10. The Fireman by Joe Hill:: This is one that I am intending on getting to ASAP actually. It looks so good and I just loved Heart Shaped Box and Horns, I have to make some special time for this one because it is no skinny-spined novella.
9. The Whistler by John Grisham:: I will be the first to admit that I am the biggest John Grisham geek, I really dig his early stuff. I could pick up any one of his novels and dive right in at any time, and this one sounds extra good.
8. It Ends With Us by Colleen Hoover:: I have to hand it to her fans, they LOVE her! Gotta read this one just to see what all the rukus is about. It looks great too.
7. Underground Railroad by Coulson Whitehead:: Hoping to get some good doses of history that will lead to reading more history with this book, a fictional novel about a very real time in history.
6. Empire of Storms by Sarah J Mass:: Not jut Empire of Storms, but her entire Throne of Glass series, I jut don’t have time to read six books in a series right now. I decided that I was going to focus on her other books, since there is only two of them out at the time of me writing this. I am definitely going to come back and revisit her other series though because she is an amazing storyteller.
5. Small Great Things by Jodi Picoult:: Everything that this woman touches is solid gold to me, one of those authors that you don’t even read the blurb on the inside cover, you just pick it up because you know you are going to love it.
4. Wrath by John Gwynne:: The book published this year is technically book #4, but I NEED to be reading these ASAP. High Fantasy, warriors mounted on bears wielding battle-axes?? This sounds amazing!! $ in the series I’m hoping to get swept away and want to read all 4 this year!
3. Passenger by Alexandra Bracken:: Time traveling love story, anyone? Mostly I got this for 99 cents one day when it was on sale and downloaded it to my kindle, so it is there, just waiting for me to jump in.
2. How to Hang a Witch by Adriana Mather:: Dude I saw this book the first time as a book trailer on Facebook, and it was so good I was moments away from looking up what channel the TV show was going to air on so that I could watch it when it came to an end and I see….OMG it is a book. So I check to see and sure enough they have it at my library. It looks delightful, I love learning about the Salem Witch trials, so I am hoping to come to a lull in my reading soon so I can get this and read it quick!
1. Bad Mommy by Tarryn Fisher:: Oh MAN this one looks messed up. Like single white female (ya that movie from the 90’s) Hand-That-Rocks-the-Cradle-Rebecca DeMornay-gonna-come-and-take-your-baby-and-kill-you-then-be-you kinda messed up. Looks Super Great!!